Owner Occupied Property Rehabilitation Program(s):
SWCAP’s Rehabilitation Program is a residential property rehabilitation program that provides direct assistance to income eligible individuals or families, who have necessary property improvement needs for properties they own and occupy.
Assistance is provided to the home owner as a 0% interest, deferred payment loan, secured by a mortgage against the assisted property. The loan does not require a monthly installment repayment; instead repayment is due at any time the assisted property is no longer the principle residence of the borrower; typically when the property is sold and the net proceeds from the sale are used to repay the loan. Loans may be provided for 100% of the eligible rehabilitation cost(s).
Eligible property improvements may include the repair or replacement of:
* Electrical Systems
* Plumbing Systems
* Heating Systems
* Lead Paint remediation
* Energy efficiency improvements
* Handicapped Accessibility improvements
* Other Health/Safety Improvements
Minimum Household Eligibility and Property Requirements include:
* combined household income at or below 80% of the County Median Income
* Property must be Owner Occupied with fee simple title.
* Property Taxes must be current
* Mortgage Payments must be current
* Homeowners Insurance must be current.