A person is eligible to receive home delivered meals if he/she meets all of the following criteria for eligibility and if receipt of the meal is in the best interest of the homebound older person:
- A person who is 60 years of age or older or is the spouse of a person at least 60 years of age who participates in the program.
- A non elderly handicapped person may participate in the program if they live with an elderly person and the elderly person is receiving meals.
- The individual must be homebound (does not leave his or her home under normal circumstances).
- The person must be unable to participate in the congregate meals program because of physical or emotional problems.
- There is no spouse or other adult living in the same house or building willing to prepare all meals.
Participants that reside in the cities of Algoma and Kewaunee can receive hot home-delivered meals Monday thru Friday. Participants that reside in the “rural" areas of the Kewaunee County will receive frozen home-delivered meals each week on a designated day of the week.
Participants that reside in Manitowoc County can receive hot, cold, and/or frozen home-delivered meals during the week. The number of delivery days and meal options vary by location.
Meals are delivered between 11:00 am-1:00 pm except on holidays.
To cancel your meal please call 920-683-4180 or 877-416-7083. We are charged for ALL meals ordered so please call by 11:00 AM the day before.