For Wisconsin residents who are 65 years of age or older who meet the eligibility criteria. The program is designed to help seniors with their prescription drug costs. Those interested may apply at any time. The Department of Health and Family Services (DHFS) administers the SeniorCare program. To be eligible for SeniorCare:
- You must be a Wisconsin resident.
- You must be 65 years of age or older.
- You must pay a $30 annual enrollment fee per person.
- Your assets, such as bank accounts, insurance policies, home property, etc., are not counted.
- Your annual income determines the level of coverage.
In addition, program participants are subject to certain annual out-of-pocket expense requirements depending on their annual income.( for a break down of expenses please call the Benefit Specialist in your area) Drug coverage may vary by level.